We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's happening first week of May?

st. louis, mo
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
What's happening first week of May?

Does anyone know why hotels are so outrageous downtown on May 4th? Up North and by the track they're priced normally so I''m assuming it's not a huge sporting event or something at the track. Any thoughts?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's happening first week of May?

I'm gonna guess that it's the Indianapolis International Film Festival that's snagging all the downtown rooms on that weekend. Can't think of anything else that's big enough to cause prices to rise for that weekend.

It's a pretty big event. Usually a number of spin-off events as well. Indy's kept this one low key and targeted an nice niche ("heartland films") - is a very well attended festival.

Mentioned in this post
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What's happening first week of May?

The International Film Festival and The Indy Marathon and Mini Walk is going on that weekend. part of the opening festivities for the Indianapolis 500.

Mentioned in this post
Indy Hostel
Indy Hostel
179 Reviews
Indianapolis, IN
Marathon
Marathon
Florida Keys, FL
Indy
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's happening first week of May?

Previous poster was correct. That just gives me one more reason to head to Florida that week.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
4. Re: What's happening first week of May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:27 am, August 29, 2009