We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need something for the guys

Cape Girardeau
1 post
Save Topic
Need something for the guys

My girl friends and I want to enjoy the golf and spa packages available at the french lick resort. Two of our husbands are not interested in golf. Are there any nearby lakes or streams for fishing?

Indiana
Level Contributor
802 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need something for the guys

Patoka Lake is very nice.

http://www.patokalakeindiana.com/

There is a water park... but may have lots of kids.

We did horseback riding and Archery, but that was before the renovation. I am not sure of the status of those items.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,542 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need something for the guys

First, welcome to TA!

Patoka's about a 15-30 minute drive away (depending one exactly where on the lake you want to go) and is certainly the closest large lake to French Lick. This sorta leads to a question, what are you thinking when you say "nearby?"

It's sort of a fuzzy term; one person's nearby is a 10 minute walk while another's might be an hour drive.

Depending on how big your "nearby" circle is there could be dozens of options of things for them to do (or more). Thus, before mentioning other ideas, I'd ask that you give a little more guidance about what you mean by "nearby."

As someone new to TA, I'll point out to you that it's a generally a good idea to give lots of information in your initial posting and to either avoid, or explain what you're thinking when you use, subjective terms like "nearby," "best," "fancy," "inexpensive," etc.

Supplying more information in the original posting usually results in more & better responses.

Looking forward to making suggestions,

hlo

Edited: 8:38 am, September 05, 2011
Indiana
Level Contributor
802 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need something for the guys

I have relatives who think renting a pontoon boat on Patoka Lake, grabbing a fishing poll, and taking a cooler of beer is the best way in the world to spend a day. If your husbands’ agree, it may be worth the drive.

4. Re: Need something for the guys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, May 10, 2017