We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocating to Evansville...

Which Evansville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kansas
Level Contributor
226 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Relocating to Evansville...

My husband and I are moving to the area in the fall. We are mid twenties. Any suggestions on where to live? This is a short term move so we will be renting. Thank you.

7 replies to this topic
Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
61 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relocating to Evansville...

Hello and welcome to Evansville.

I'm sure your relocation company will help you with finding a rental. Depends on which side of town you will be working on. Do you have children that will be in school?

kansas
Level Contributor
226 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relocating to Evansville...

No, we are a newly married couple in our mid 20's.

chandler, Indiana
Level Contributor
77 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Relocating to Evansville...

I would avoid most areas between Hwy. 41 and Pigeon Creek south of Hwy. 66. There are some nice properties downtown, but that area can be spotty (with nice areas just one or two blocks from blighted areas and some in the middle of sketchy neighborhoods).

Anything you look at, just go on Google Earth to get a feel for the street and its neighborhood.

You might want to look for whatever is closest to where your spouse works, though, as far as west side vs. east side of town. Both have shopping and entertainment stuff, and nice parks/nature areas. Our event venues are all downtown, and downtown does offer great greenway amenities, but there's not a lot going on there after dark (downtown businesses close up early).

Hope this helps, and that you enjoy your stay here!

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Relocating to Evansville...

Live on the outskirts of Evansville.

Chandler girl, I think all of Evansville has some shady spots and the DOWNTOWN life is actually fairly thriving.

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Relocating to Evansville...

I would look at the apartments and rental homes in Newburgh.

Effingham, Illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Relocating to Evansville...

We have friends who reside in Newburgh as well. They seem to love the closeness to Evansville without all the issues of the city. The commute is short and manageable.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
7,983 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Relocating to Evansville...

Um, really folks. This thread is getting close to 2 years old. My guess is that the OP now knows Evansville well enough to figure out where to live and, in fact, has probably settled down, maybe bought a house, had a kid (or two) and . . . .

hlo

Edited: 11:33 am, July 01, 2015
Reply to: Relocating to Evansville...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted