We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach for family in July

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
110 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach for family in July

I am planning a day trip to the Indiana Dunes next week, and looking for advice on which beach would be the best one for us. We will have my 3 kids with us, ages 4,7, and 10, and they are really looking forward to swimming. (We live in Oregon where you don't swim at the beach).

Which beach is :

-good for swimming

-allows inflatables (rafts, inner tubes)

-has some decent dunes for climbing

-has convenient parking

We will be driving from the south suburbs of Chicago (where I grew up and often visited the dunes state park, but I don't remember any of the specifics about where to go).

Thanks!

Jen

2 replies to this topic
Crown Point, Indiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach for family in July

I would say West Beach for swimming, dunes, and parking isn't bad. However, I don't know if any of the beaches allow inflatables, and even if they did I wouldn't use them. There is almost a strong current/rip tide on the lake which people seem to underestimate.

2. Re: Best beach for family in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:09 am, July 06, 2012
Edited: 9:09 am, July 06, 2012

Reply to: Best beach for family in July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chesterton