We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do w/11 yr old

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
What to do w/11 yr old

My husband & 11 yr old son will be traveling with me to warrenville 8/15 - we are driving in on Sunday - what is there for them to do while i work during the day? what about taking the train downtown?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,902 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do w/11 yr old

They will find lots to do in downtown Chicago no doubt and you are right that they can catch the train over at 5th Ave. in nearby Naperville. I live in bucolic Warrenville and can't think of anything for you to do here unless you want to watch kid's baseball games. Cerny Park across from Bower School on River Rd right off Ferry is probably closest to you if you are working in Cantera. But, Naperville, now that's a different story. On a hot day they can take a beach break and go to Centennial Beach. It is not really a beach but they have lots of features including a kids beach, diving area, lake type floats, a variety of swimming areas, shady and sunny sitting spots, food for sale from 11A to 8P. Open daily. Charge is $10. (maybe kids are less) daily in and out with free parking. Adjacent there is a special set up for skate boarders and a ball park. You might enjoy having a family picnic dinner there one evening and a family swim. Admission is $3. pp after 5PM. No alcoholic drinks or glass allowed. This is just one idea. There are lots of dining and fine dining options in Naperville. Check the Chamber site and the newspaper the Naperville Sun. You will of course have a 30 screen movie theater and plenty of chain and fast food restaurants in Warrenville at Diehl Rd and Winfield Rd.

Get answers to your questions about Warrenville
Recent Conversations