We are planning an October Roadtrip from Reykjavik to the Westfjords and back in 7 days.
We are just really wondering about the staying capabilities on the road in October. Here is the itinerary we've planned so far (nothing is set in stone though and any advice will be appreciated!):
- 2 whole days in Reykjavik
- day 3 : Glymur (by the Hvalfjörður bay) - Borgarnes - Holtavordhuheidhi - Holmavik (overnight)
- day 4 : Ísafjörður and around (overnight)
- day 5 : to Dynjandi waterfall - Breidafjordur Bay (overnight)
- day 6 : ferry - Borganes - back to Reykjavik (overnight)
- day 7: Reykjavik
Are those overnight stays doable in the Westfjords in October? A lot of camping sites are closed by the beginning of September... We are not against spending a few nights on the road in the car, but maybe not all of them!
Thanks in advance for your help!