We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best schools in Schaumburg? Moving w/family this summer

Which Schaumburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
2 posts
Save Topic
Best schools in Schaumburg? Moving w/family this summer

Hi,

We have 4 young kids (oldest is 9) and will likely be moving to the Schaumburg area this summer (from Boston).

Looking for any advice on best schools and family neighborhoods (lots of kids to play with!).

We will be renting at first.

Thanks!

Schaumburg, Illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best schools in Schaumburg? Moving w/family this summer

just came accross your post. If you haven't moved yet, all the schools in schaumburg are great. Each of my children went to school in schaumburg school district(elementary, junior high, and high school) In my opinion, Collins is the best k-6. (On Summit Road) Neighborhoods are filled with school age children. Mead Junior High is in Elk Grove Village, but still Schaumburg School Dist. That neighborhood is also filled with children and rumor has it that it i the best junior high. There is also a fantastic park in that area with sprinklers, etc that the kid just love. I worked at Stevenson School in the district, and again great school and neighborhood is filled with children. I know an enormous amount of teachers in the district, and I think you will be happy with them all. Good luck, and enjoy Schaumburg!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
237 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best schools in Schaumburg? Moving w/family this summer

BostonMom2Four,

I live in a subdvision called Timbercrest or Timbercrest Woods and absolutely love it here!!

The subdivision is close to Roselle and Schaumburg Rd.

--> The townhall center is close by where there is an extrensive library, grocery stores, food places.

--> The neighbourhood is around 7 to 10 minutes from the Woodfield mall, and the highways 90/94 & Elgin O'hare, so its good access to the mall and highways and at the same time you will be away from the traffic rush too.

--> The metra train station to downtown is around 7 minutes drive away.

--> Schaumburg park district is really good for families with reasonable prices for health club facilities and lots of activities(swimming, tennis, camping etc etc for kids)

Timbercrest has been around from early 70s , a safe neighbourhood with lots of kids, good schools,.

There are natural preserves and parks right in the neighbourhood.

Hope this helps! Enjoy Schaumburg!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
237 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best schools in Schaumburg? Moving w/family this summer

BostonMom2Four-

I am copying a chain for you to read-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g36669-i1436-k3373…

Please do check into the schools of Schaumburg for sure, as sometimes, even if most of the suburb has good schools, the way the districts are formed, there are some schools that might fall into other neighbourhoods and may not be peforming good.

Here is one of the wesbites that can help-

http://iirc.niu.edu/

OR

http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/go/IL

Renting prior to moving is a good idea. Try and walk or bike around in your targeted neighbourhoods in the evenings , mornings or different times of the day to get a feel of people and neighbourhoods.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

elgin
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Best schools in Schaumburg? Moving w/family this summer

Good Afternoon.

I came across your post and wanted to respond. I would have to agree that the schools in Schaumburg are great! I went to the schools and really thought that the teachers cared about my education and what I got out of school. I went to Michael Colllins (of of summit) for k-6 and then Frost Jr High (off of Wise and Roselle) and then I went to Contact High School (off of Plumgrove Rd & Schaumburg). All of the areas around the Schaumburg schools are great and have lots of kids to play with especially the ones around Michael Collins.

I dont think your children will go to bad school in the Schaumburg schooling area.

Good luck and hope you like the schools as much I did as a student.

5. Re: Best schools in Schaumburg? Moving w/family this summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:37 pm, July 27, 2007