We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crime area?

1 post
Save Topic
Crime area?

A friend and I are going to Allstate Arena in Rosemont soon for a boxing match and are staying at Holiday Inn Express. I read that the arena is only 2 or 3 blocks from hotel. Is it safe for us to walk to and from the arena to our hotel? It will be dark when we leave the boxing match and if it's a bad area, I will just drive and pay the $15 to park at the arena instead. thanks.

Fashion Outlets of Chicago
Gift & Specialty Shops, Shopping Malls, Department Stores, Factory Outlets
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
Conference & Convention Centers
Bowling Alleys
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,286 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crime area?

It's pretty close to the arena. You have to walk through big, open parking lots and under a bridge, but I would consider it very low crime. However, the heavy traffic might make walking dangerous. Take a look in the afternoon and see if the route bothers you.

2. Re: Crime area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 04, 2009