We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in peoria?

Which Peoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
163 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
hotel in peoria?

I'll be traveling to Peoria on short notice in a week to attend a wedding. Although I grew up in the area, I haven't been there in many years and never stayed there in a hotel. Can anyone suggest a moderately-priced, clean, kid-friendly, safe hotel that is located near restaurants/cafes?

Thanks in advance!

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in peoria?

Embassy Suites in East Peoria is a brand new motel that just opened up - it is not far from the downtown, but still across the river on the East Peoria side, which now has lots of restaurants from your basic Steak-n-Shake on the River to Texas Road House to nicer new restaurants such as Granite City. Since it is new, probably some sites like Priceline may offer some decent specials on price. Probably the Super 8 near the mall in Peoria would be your best bet for price for a decent hotel in Peoria itself. I had some family stay there last year on a visit and we found it clean and nice, plus kid friendly, continental breakfast. You can walk next door to Perkins to eat. Pay about $30 more a night and stay in the Hampton Inn in East Peoria and you will not be disappointed. Super safe, clean, free wireless, basic continental, indoor pool, kids almost always enjoy this hotel. It is right next door to the Par-a-dice riverboat. I hear the Sleep Inn and Suites also near the mall in Peoria is decent for the money and has continental breakfast. For a pool hotel near the mall that isn't overly priced, Ramada Inn is okay, used a lot for conferences and used to be a Holiday Inn. Feel free to post any other questions and I will try to answer. I live just outside Peoria.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
163 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in peoria?

Thanks for your detailed response! It was really helpful and I appreciate it.

central illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel in peoria?

Looking for weekend overnight spot around or close to Peoria that has an outdoor pool....??

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel in peoria?

Outdoor pool? Sorry, have racked my brain and cannot think of any hotels anywhere around Peoria that have an outdoor pool. Several with indoor pools. The weather here just doesn't lend itself to a year-round outdoor pool, thus most hotels have indoor ones. Pekin, Illinois has a huge water park, pool, as well as a nearby pond for fishing and paddle boating that is only a few miles from several hotels (Mineral Springs Park & Dragon Water Park). Likewise, there is an outdoor water park at the Lakeview museum area in Peoria, Illinois.

5. Re: hotel in peoria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:25 am, October 04, 2009