We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation Tofo

London
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accomodation Tofo

Hello

I am thinking of going to TOFO in January for diving and snorkelling.

I want to stay somewhere pretty (preferably close to the beach) and reasonably quiet (no late night parties etc), not too expensive and safe (I am travelling on my own). Somewhere with friendly/welcoming owners who take care of their place would be ideal.

any ideas very welcome

Thanks

naomi

South Africa
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation Tofo

Hi Naomi,

Personally, the best place to stay is Casa Barry,right on the beach,with their own dive boats.They have a great restaurant and is suitable for families.Cannot go wrong. Further up the beach is Fatima's Nest and Bamboozies,more for backpacking and a younger , louder crowd.

We have been traveling there for four years now, and are due back in April 09....Enjoy

Frans,South Africa

London
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation Tofo

thanks you very much for that, i had seen Casa Barrys so its good to hear that it is nice. Cnan I ask one more thing? How expensive is food etc there, i am trying to figure out how much spending money I will need in the week on top fo the money i need for diving.

Naomi

South Africa
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation Tofo

Hi Naomi,

Not sure if you have left yet.Food would be ralative cheap if your base is pounds. I remember a pizza to be aprox 6 pounds.A beer about 2 pounds.Hope it helps

Frans

South Africa
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation Tofo

Hi naomi

did you find a decent spot? where was it?

Thanks

Kath

5. Re: Accomodation Tofo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, August 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Inhambane Province