We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive lodging near Oak park for Wheaton fleamarket

new york
14 posts
Inexpensive lodging near Oak park for Wheaton fleamarket

hello...a friend and I are coming to the area for the all-night flea-market in august and need a clean, cheap ( is it too much to ask for a bit of charm?) place to rest our heads. we are flying into chicago and will be renting a car. the flea-market is in wheaton, and since it starts on saturday at 5 pm and runs all through the night, we probably won't even be there much on saturday night. any suggestions? thank you.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57,881 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Inexpensive lodging near Oak park for Wheaton fleamarket

Wheaton is an excellent choice for flea markets. The All Night Market is one of my favorites. Don't forget a flashlight.

Anyway, Oak Park is too far away from Wheaton to be a practical spot to for a snooze.

A few suggestions near the market:

In Carol Stream, there's a Holiday Inn & Hampton Inn

In Glen Ellyn, there's a Holiday Inn, Super 8, and Wellesley Inn

In Glendale Heights, there's a Ramada Inn

Oak Park, Illinois
Level Contributor
320 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Inexpensive lodging near Oak park for Wheaton fleamarket

Dave is right, Oak Park is not where you will want to stay for your trip to Wheaton. It is too far away and too expensive. However, Wheaton is just north of one of the largest suburbs in Chicago: Naperville (on the south side of I355, which is probably how you will get to Wheaton from O'Hare). Just type Naperville in the search box on Trip Advisor, click on Naperville hotels, and you will find many to choose from including the budget Red Roof Inn, Excel Inn, Days Inn, etc. If you read the reviews I'm sure you will find several that will suit your needs.

Happy hunting at the flea market!

Oak Park, Illinois
Level Contributor
320 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Inexpensive lodging near Oak park for Wheaton fleamarket

Oops -- I meant I88, not I355 in my previous post. I'm sorry for causing any confusion about this. By the way, Oak Park is about a 40 minute drive from Wheaton (if the traffic isn't too heavy). Naperville is probably about 5-10 minutes away, and Dave's suggestions are even closer.

4. Re: Inexpensive lodging near Oak park for Wheaton fleamarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 25, 2009