We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel

Which Mount Vernon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel

We will have a one night stayover in probably Mount Vernon in late July. Will we need to make a reservation in advance?

Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel

It's unlikely that you will need a reservation in advance, as there are a bunch of hotels there. However, you can usually get better rates if you shop on line beforehand than you will get if you just walk in the door.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel

Thank you! Do you have any restaurant recommendations for dinner or breakfast?

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel

There are a fair assortment of the usual chain restuarants. None of them are outstanding, none of them are bad.

Among non-chains, I like El Rancherito, a non-descript Mexican restaurant located on your right just east of the main interstate exit (IL 15). There is also a very nice sports bar and grill located in one of the hotels just off the interstate (on Potomac), but I am sorry, I can't remember its name at present because it is the place I would recommend.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel

Thanks...the sports bar sounds good! I'm interested to see your part of the country.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
43,049 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel

http://www.mtvernon.com/newtourism/index2.htm

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel

I was just in Mount Vernon yesterday, so I checked out the name of that sports bar -- Kreiger's. It's attached to the Holiday Inn.

For a treat, drive about 2 miles from the interstate toward downtown and Papa Z's (1812 Broadway St.). Wonderful assortment of ice cream flavors and pretty good fudge too.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel

Thanks for the info!

Effingham, Illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel

Kreiger's is the sports bar you are talking about, at least I think. It is located in the Holiday Inn.

Reply to: Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mount Vernon