We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tripadvisor
Dhaalu Atoll

How to go Maldives

ranchi
3 posts
How to go Maldives
Save

Hii my self Touseef

I want to visit Maldives with my family(3 person)for 7 days .Can any one suggest me the best plan or should i take a package or i will go by my self suggest me please and the full cost of the average trip. Thanks

1 reply
Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
27 reviews
35 helpful votes
1. Re: How to go Maldives
Save

Hello Touseef,

There really isn't such a thing as an "average trip" to The Maldives; it's a very diverse destination with well over a hundred private resorts costing from several hundred to literally tens of thousands of $ per night, along with "local" or inhabited islands where Maldivian people live and work which offer less expensive stays in small hotels and guest houses. Some resort islands can be easily reached by speedboat from Male, others require a seaplane transfer (a fabulous experience but the most expensive transfer option) or a domestic flight followed by a boat transfer.

There are large islands, small islands, islands with "house reefs" just off the beach for snorkelling or those without if snorkelling isn't your thing. There are peaceful, fairly remote islands, islands with more activities/more going on and islands that welcome children along with others where age restrictions apply.

Key to planning a trip though is budget and time of travel. Prices vary greatly between high and low season and what your $$$ will buy you in low season will be far more expensive in high season.

Perhaps you could share with us your Wishlist and hopes for your trip by reading this thread (you'll find it at the top of the forum) and "filling in some fo the blanks" including your budget for your stay excluding international air fares, but including getting to your final destination. This will help members to guide you and offer advice and selections which are appropriate to your individual wishes and circumstances:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293…

Reply to: How to go Maldives
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dhaalu Atoll