We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Veligandu March 2015

Level Contributor
175 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Veligandu March 2015

Have booked Veligandu today for next March, have been chopping and changing for a few weeks, couldn't decide between Veligandu and Vilamendhoo. I hope I've made the right choice, if anyone can reassure me that would be great!! After a nice and quiet island and this seemed to fit the bill. Booked through Simply Maldives, great customer service, highly recommended 😀

92 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
175 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Veligandu March 2015

Thankyou for the snorkelling tip NorwichBella 😀. I've read near the jetty and also off the sandbank are the better places. Seeing dolphins would be amazing, lucky you!!

NORWICH
Level Contributor
202 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Veligandu March 2015

Been going to the Maldives since 2004 and Veli was where we saw the most dolphins so you should be lucky. Lovely wine and cocktails if you like a tipple. Enjoy

Level Contributor
175 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Veligandu March 2015

Fantastic, will make sure I keep a look out!! Oh yes I do love a nice cocktail, I've read the new sunset bar is nice and the food is great too. Does Veligandu rank up there with your favourites? Where else have you been, we went to Centara Grand 4 years ago and loved it. So this will be our second time.

NORWICH
Level Contributor
202 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Veligandu March 2015

All islands lovely and have their own special bits, we've done Athuruga twice, Veli, Biyadhoo twice, Angaga, still deciding which island to go to next, sunset bar is new since we were there but I'm sure it's amazing , look forward to your thoughts when you return

Paris, France
Level Contributor
219 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Veligandu March 2015

I can confirm that the sunset is lovely, we saw plenty of dolphins!

Level Contributor
175 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Veligandu March 2015

You've been to some gorgeous islands, I looked at Athuruga and Angaga was at the top of my original list but was out of my price range, still Veli looks amazing.

Romsey, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Veligandu March 2015

You won't regret your choice. we're going to Veligandu for a third time in February. It's paradise.

Level Contributor
175 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Veligandu March 2015

Thanks for that 😀, keeping up to date on the TA reviews and they're all so good it does look like paradise!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Veligandu March 2015

We just returned from Veligandu a little over a week ago. It was amazing. The new Athiri Bar on the northern tip of the Island is really nice. Very quiet and laid back. Well really the whole island is, but this area even more so. It's just a really pretty island. The food at Veligandu gets great reviews on TA and I would say I support those reviews. Really good selection and generally high quality..esp for a buffet. We loved the fresh grilled fish you could get at the grill station every night. But there were all kinds of other dishes too. Really something for everyone.

The island felt extremely uncrowded even though it was fully booked our first couple days. At the end of our trip is was more like 75% capacity and it felt downright empty. We had the beach to ourselves quite often. The sandbank that makes up the southern stretch of the island is a beach-lovers paradise and the little jetty off the end of the sand bank is a good launching point to snorkel from. You just go down the stairs into the water there and then swin out to the post that marks the corner of the reef.

You'll have an excellent time no doubt.

Level Contributor
175 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Veligandu March 2015

It sounds like total bliss, thank you. Pretty island, quiet, good food and service, great beach, what more could you ask?

Reply to: Veligandu March 2015
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Veligandu
Recent Conversations