We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

College visit to Loyola

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
College visit to Loyola

I am looking for a one night stay near Loyola for July 14th. Looks like the Hilton Garden Inn is booked. I have read mixed review about the Orrington. I would really rather not spend more than 140-150. There are two moms and two teens in our group. We also want to take the el into town. Any help would be appreciated.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,412 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: College visit to Loyola

Check out the Comfort Inn, Doubletree or Hampton Inn in Skokie. All are close to public transit.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: College visit to Loyola

Which Loyola campus are you visiting, Rogers Park or Water Tower? One room or two, at the hotel? Are you driving to Chicago and then expect to use the "el" or are you flying here?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: College visit to Loyola

We are driving so we will have a car but we do want to take the el into town. WE are touring the Loyola campus on Sheridan not the Water Tower. We would prefer one room. I heard the orringtons rooms are small.

How far is Skokie from Loyola?

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: College visit to Loyola

Evanston doesn't have a lot of hotel options. You are limited to the HGI, Orrington and the Margarita Inn.

If you are driving from St. Paul, look at Skokie, as previously recommended. The Yellow Line will take you to Howard Street, where you'll change trains for Loyola - easy to do, and similar to the trip from Evanston.

If you are taking Amtrak or flying, look for hotels around Wrigley Field. You'll be close to the Red Line El train and in a neighborhood similar to Rogers Park.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: College visit to Loyola

Looks like we cross posted. You can also plan on driving to the campus - it's slow, city traffic, but nothing dangerous. The visitor's parking garage is close to the university entrance on Devon Avenue. However, you should take Touhy east to Clark Street, then take Clark to Devon, and Devon east to the campus. Devon is extremely slow moving from the Lincoln Avenue area on east.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: College visit to Loyola

HI

We are coming in from Madison UofW...I think we may stay at the Orrington or the Margarita. What's the Margarita like. The HGI is booked and only has double beds..not queen.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,412 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: College visit to Loyola

Reviews of the Margarita:

openlist.com/evanston-il_margarita-european-…

8. Re: College visit to Loyola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 05, 2009