We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic restaurants near Mag. Mile/N. Michigan?

DDB
Toronto
13 posts
Save Topic
Romantic restaurants near Mag. Mile/N. Michigan?

Wife and I are staying at the Wyndham in early April and are looking for a nice romantic restaurant near the hotel (ie. Magnificent Mile area)

I have considered Les Nomades but it is out of our price range.

Thanks.

Illinois
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic restaurants near Mag. Mile/N. Michigan?

Most romantic restaurant in the City

Geja's Cafe in Lincoln Park. Too far of a walk, but you can take a cab.

Chicago
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic restaurants near Mag. Mile/N. Michigan?

I've got a suggestion or two for you, but first, I must take issue with the recommendation of Geja's. Yes, it is consistently rated the "most romantic restaurant in Chicago". I'm still at a loss. Greasy smoke filled room. If that's your idea of romantic, enjoy.

That being said, a 0.7 mile walk, and easy cab ride from the Wyndham, Crofton on Wells (535 N. Wells 312-755-1790) is a nice choice. If a nice conversation over a delicious meal is romantic to you, you should check it out.

A definite cab ride would be Blackbird (619 W. Randolph St., 312-715-0708). One of my favorite Chicago restaurants. It's a sleek, almost severe, modern space, so if that's unappealing, it might not be right for you. However, the food is consistently great.

There is also the Ritz-Carlton Dining Room (160 E. Pearson St.,

312-266-1000), which is a more formal dining experience, but romantic and classic.

Hope this helps!

Rensselaer, Indiana
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic restaurants near Mag. Mile/N. Michigan?

DDB, just a note to you. The restaurants near the Magnificient Mile will be more expensive (as a rule) than those that are on the northside of Chicago. The cost of a cab ride would be probably around $10-12/ea way to where-ever you wish to go with these suggestions. Take that into account when you are contemplating the entire bill.

With that being said:

Downtown:

Le Colonial (French Vietnamese), on Rush north of Walton - go upstairs.

Narcisse, 710 N. Clark.

Russian Tea Time (Russian) on Adams 1/2 block from the Art Institute

Catch 35, 35 E. Wacker (Seafood), has a piano bar as you enter--go further back for the more dimly lit area.

Agree with recommendation for Crofton's - Suzy is a great chef.

On the northside:

North Pond Cafe in Lincoln Park, just to the north of the lagoon(American)

Cafe Bernard (French) in Lincoln Park on Halsted

Angelina's (Italian) in Lakeview (on Broadway just south of Addison)

Tango Sur (Argentian) on N. Southport - just north of the Music Box Theatre - which is a GREAT date place in itself- go on the weekend when they have the organist during the intermission. This restaurant is BYOB and does not take reservations.

And afterwards, go to Pops for Champagne for champagne and jazz - on the north side.

Have fun.

Chicago
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic restaurants near Mag. Mile/N. Michigan?

In complete agreement with Le Colonial. Thought of it after my first post!

DDB
Toronto
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic restaurants near Mag. Mile/N. Michigan?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll check them out and choose a couple!

6. Re: Romantic restaurants near Mag. Mile/N. Michigan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, May 23, 2009