We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neighborhoods

florida
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Neighborhoods

Any suggestions about the neighborhoods. Is Hotel Monaco's neighborhood subpar?

Best Seller
Chicago Architecture River Cruise
2,424 reviews
from $43.68*
Best Seller
Chicago Crime and Mob Bus Tour
392 reviews
from $37.95*
Best Seller
Skydeck Chicago Admission
578 reviews
from $24.00*
Chicago Explorer Pass
164 reviews
from $75.00*
Chicago
Level Contributor
452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Neighborhoods

Not at all, this is more in the "business" district as opposed to the "shopping" area, but the neighborhood is fine. The question is a little vague though.. is this what you are looking for?

florida
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neighborhoods

I was just concerned about a reviewer's comment to 'watch your back' and only walk the busy streets during the days...

St. Louis,MO
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Neighborhoods

I stayed at the Hotel Monaco last year. It is in the financial district with many shops and theatres near by. I never felt that my safety was compromised. This is a clean and safe area. As with any city I guess you will encounter some crime. As a female, when walking alone I never felt in danger. It is a block off Michigan Avenue. Perhaps I would increase my risk wearing a Cardinals cap;).

Chicago
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Neighborhoods

I wouldnt consider Hotel Monaco to be in the "Financial District". Michigan Ave (where most tourist shop) is a block away going East and State St (another shoppers mecca) is a block West not to mention Hotel Monaco is on Wabash Ave., loaded with stores. The Hotel is located downtown. Like many downtown cities its crowded with tourist, working people and unfortunately people looking to scam you or pick your pockets. Just use your common sense and you will be fine.

florida
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Neighborhoods

Thanks. for your wise words.