We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homewood Suites....

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockford,MI
Level Contributor
136 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Homewood Suites....

We have reservations at the Homewood Suites downtown for Memorial Day weekend. Was wondering what people in here might have heard about the place.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Homewood Suites....

Good, standard hotel. They serve contintental breakfast, as far as I know, and the location is very good - it's in the River North area between the downtown and Michigan Ave. areas. There is a subway stop a block away, which will take you either downtown or to the North side neighborhoods.

Chicago, IL
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Homewood Suites....

I used to be the Travel Manager for a company that used the Homewood Suites as it's preferred hotel. It's in a great location--an easy walk to most attractions. Good selection of restaurants in the area. The service was always good and the rooms were nice. They're like small apartments. I would recommend it to friends and family.

Illinois
Level Contributor
503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Homewood Suites....

While it was not the location you'll be staying at, we stayed at a Homewood Suites in the suburbs a couple of years ago. It was a nice "home away from home" for a family, as it had a separate bedroom and living area, plus a small kitchenette with basic utensils and eating area. Also, at least in the location where we were, they seemed to cater more to a business clientele (as opposed to tourists), so it was nicely quiet and low-key. I would definitely recommend this chain.