We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cab fare

lorchloe
2 posts
Save Topic
cab fare

Can anyone advise approximate fare from Randolph St. train station to United Center.

Chicago
Level Contributor
452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cab fare

Should only be about $5-$7 for one person depending on traffic, the two are only about 2.5 miles apart..

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cab fare

In addition to a taxi - you have the option of taking a city bus right from the station to United Center. The #20 Madison bus stops at the corner of Michigan Ave. and Washington St. - 1/2 block S. of where you'll exit the Randolph St. train station.

This website will show you the route map and the schedule of service:

www.transitchicago.com/maps/bus/bus/20.pdf

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cab fare

I would think a little higher, maybe closer to $8-$10, the Randolph St. station is probably about 4 miles away from the United Center. Plus there's an additional charge if there is more than one passenger ($1 for passenger #2, .50 cents for additional)

Chicago
Level Contributor
452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cab fare

I have never paid more than $8 for this cab ride, maybe some people have. Also, according to Yahoo/Mapquest, the distance is 2.4 miles between the two.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cab fare

I got the mileage from Mapquest, I thought perhaps you were confusing the Randolph & Michigan station with Union Station.

6. Re: cab fare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 12, 2009