We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chicaog swissotel

Level Contributor
139 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
chicaog swissotel

Just wondering what people think of Chicago Swissotel. Is it a good hotel, what about it's position? On the map it seems quite close to everything but can't always tell from maps. Also does anyone know what the executive level is about - is it worth paying the extra, ie are the rooms better up there also do you get anything extra for the higher rate? Would appreciate advice on this.

Palatine, Illinois
Level Contributor
660 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chicaog swissotel

Swissotel is a great hotel to stay at, rooms are very clean and good size (for a downtown hotel). I don't know about the executive level at all.

As far as the location, it is a good location, but it is a bit tricky because it is on the end of Wacker Drive, which is a double decker street. If you approach it from Michigan Ave., your fine. If you approach it from Lake Shore Drive (or Columbus Drive), you might get lost because you are on the lower level and you need to find a ramp to get to the upper level.

A couple other hotels you may want to take a look at are the Intercontinental (on Mich. Ave.) or two great restored hotels, the Hotel Monaco and the Hard Rock Hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
137 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chicaog swissotel

It is a very nice hotel and where my company books all of its guests. The location is quite good and you should be able to walk anywhere downtown. Take a look at the Swisshotel website for info on the executive level. My guess is that the rooms are the same size but they are higher up and there may be a private lounge that will be fairly empty. The normal rooms are just fine so unless you want to be guaranteed a high floor room and the rate isn't all that much more, I'd book the standard room.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
399 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chicaog swissotel

I stayed there for a night a few years ago. I got a room for $80 from Priceline. Room was very large, with a glass wall, and a great view on a river. Location is very good, in a walking distance to everything, or a short cub ride.

Level Contributor
139 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: chicaog swissotel

Thanks for your help with this. Cheers