We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding reception venue

North Bend...
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding reception venue

Okay, I am actually from the Chicago area. But I have a question. Has anyone been to a wedding reception at either the Drake hotel (the ballroom), the Palmer house (the red ballroom) or the Fairmont (the Moulin Rouge room.) These are my top 3 choices for holding a reception. I love the Intercontinental but cannot get it on our date.

Any posts would be greatly appreciated!

aw7
Chicago
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding reception venue

I've been to a wedding at the Drake. It was incredible.

Worked at the Palmer House years ago so I'm familiar with the red ballroom. It's my favorite out of their rooms but much prefer The Drake.

Haven't been to a reception at the Fairmont.

Chicago
Level Contributor
452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding reception venue

I have also attended a couple weddings at the drake in the ballroom and it was great. I have also been at an event at the plamer red room and it was OK. I would go with the Drake.

3. Re: Wedding reception venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 19, 2009