We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis at Ravinia

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Taxis at Ravinia

Hello all- Trying to find my answer in previous posts but no luck. We are staying in downtown Chicago and attending a Food Network Concert event at Ravinia on 9/20. It starts at 11am and ends around 11pm. I really wanted to take the train (Metra UP-N) but it looks as if it isn't scheduled to leave until after 3pm. So my plan at this point is to take a cab or car service (which would you suggest?) to Ravinia in the morning, and the train back to the Ogilvie Center after the concert and take a cab to our hotel (Palmer House).

Is there a better way? Any chance there are cabs lined up outside ravinia after the concerts? I don't mind paying for them - just want to make sure they would be there if that was my plan.

Thank you!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
58,503 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Taxis at Ravinia

Take the Metra train north to Braeside. It's the stop before Ravinia. There's a street that runs parallel to the train tracks on the opposite side of where you'll get off the train. You'll see a small strip mall with Bob's Pantry. Walk north on that street parallel to the tracks. It will lead you to the south gate of Ravinia in about two blocks.

After you're inside the park, ask one of the security guards at the main gate to verify if there's going to be a Metra train at the end of the program. If not, ask the to call American Taxi for you to take you back downtown. www.americantaxi.com

The reason the Metra schedule doesn't apply to this particular event is the Food Network event is a rental, not a Ravinia event.

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Taxis at Ravinia

Thanks Dave! Appreciate the help and details about Metra.

3. Re: Taxis at Ravinia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 21, 2015