We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Willis Tower v 360 Chicago?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Willis Tower v 360 Chicago?

I'm in Chicago for 2 days in July and always enjoy aerial views of a city. Out of Willis Tower and 360 Chicago, which one offers the best all round value for money (and less time waiting in a queue)? I know that "The Ledge" is unique but, as I'm not overly bothered about standing in a glass box, that's not the deciding factor for me.

I'm sure other people have probably posed this question before so which is best folks, Willis or 360? All help gratefully received.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
18,149 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Willis Tower v 360 Chicago?

From the Willis you see the Hancock. From the Hancock you see the Willis.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g35805-i32-k744026…

The Willis is on the southwest corner of The Loop, The Hancock is on the north end of the Magnificent Mile. Go to the one that is nearest to you.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,703 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Willis Tower v 360 Chicago?

The 360 (Hancock) has better views of the lake and the buildings along the lakefront. To me, that's the preferred view. The Willis has better views to the west and more of a sense of the industrial land use.

For more opinions: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g35805-i32-k720960…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g35805-i32-k744026…

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
18,149 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Willis Tower v 360 Chicago?

Thanks pgo: the Hancock observation deck has been renamed 360 Chicago. Sorta like Anderson Cooper 360. It's cute but doesn't say anything about being The Hancock! Who thinks up these mean-nothing names?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Willis Tower v 360 Chicago?

From what I have read in the reviews - you can check as well - you should have a shorter wait at 360/Hancock. I consider the views better from there as you get a view up the lakefront - but that is a subjective opinion.

With the Hancock, you also have the option to visit the lounge instead of going to the observation area.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g35805-d56…

Chicago
Level Contributor
8,871 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Willis Tower v 360 Chicago?

OP, see them both and come back and tell us which one is better.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Willis Tower v 360 Chicago?

Thanks for the help folks - it looks like we'll be doing the 360/Hancock. Our time in Chicago is short (so long queues need to be avoided) and it sounds like the views from the 360/Hancock are preferable to the Willis. I'll no doubt review it anyway!

7. Re: Willis Tower v 360 Chicago?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 16, 2015