We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago or Boston?

Ellesmere Port...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Chicago or Boston?

My husband and I are looking to plan a trip next year for our 3rd wedding anniversary and are unsure where to go.

We'll be travelling from the UK in the last week in August for at least 10 nights but no more than 14. We won't be driving but have no problems walking (we did New York in January and didn't use any form of transport other than our feet)

We like shopping, history, architecture, live music.....basically we love city holidays.

We've been to Boston twice.....we got engaged there in December 2010 and went back for our honeymoon in August 2012, so Chicago would seem like the sensible choice as we've not been before. However, Boston is a very special place and is definately a home from home for us so we're finding it difficult to navigate away from there.

Can people please give me any info with regards to things to do in Chicago/safety/getting around etc? Also, any info from people who have been to both Boston and Chicago would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Chicago
Level Contributor
86 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chicago or Boston?

Plenty of time to go to both places! I live in Chicago so you won't need 10 nights here. Southwest Airlines has good prices into Boston.

Safety? Don't take the El after 10pm. Don't give anyone money, ignore people who want to "ask you a question". At night stay with the crowds. Don't go to the beach late at night. Just stay in the nice neighborhoods and always be aware of your surroundings and you'll be fine.

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
12. Re: Chicago or Boston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 17, 2015