We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget rentacar Chevrolet Impala

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Budget rentacar Chevrolet Impala

We will be renting a Chevrolet Impala from Budget for our trip to the US in June, any comments on either the rental agency or the car would be greatly appreciated we have a 500+ mile drive from Chicago to our destination so comfort/economy is a must.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,019 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget rentacar Chevrolet Impala

Budget is fine. They're one of the major agencies in the US. I use them a lot. They're cheaper than Avis and Hertz, which serve a lot of corporate clients, but their airport facilities are always on airport, as opposed to some of the cheapies which can be a few miles away, so pretty convenient.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
630 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget rentacar Chevrolet Impala

Impala is good for size and comfort. Budget is ok, but make sure you take pics of any damage when you pick up car and get the attendant to confirm on the contract. When you take it back take pics and go over the car with attendant making sure they notate no damage on the rental receipt.

ZB

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget rentacar Chevrolet Impala

Thanks for the info Guys, I've always used Dollar in Florida and California but the deals from Budget couldn't be passed up.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget rentacar Chevrolet Impala

Should be similar in size to an Opel or Vauxhall Insignia, since they are all based on the same platform. In the U.S., this is considered a mid-size car. I rented one a few months ago and it was quite comfortable, though I didn't drive it quite that far and I was by myself.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,349 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget rentacar Chevrolet Impala

Just a heads up - you may not get the exact model car as you've reserved. You should get a car in the same Car Class as the Impala.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,998 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget rentacar Chevrolet Impala

yes Dave is right--they say Chevy Impala but in small print it is "like a Chevy Impala"...so don't be surprised if you get something different. If it's smaller than what you want though, be sure to make a complaint.

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget rentacar Chevrolet Impala

Don't worry about complaining I've got a wife with a diploma in complaining

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
140 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget rentacar Chevrolet Impala

Having just had a budget rental car for four days, my recommendation to you is find another rental company. Suffice to say that having hired a rental car for my son two days ago, we booked with Hertz instead - great service; great car. Not true for Budget. Budget is their brand and they live up to their brand very well well.

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget rentacar Chevrolet Impala

I have held off replying to the posts as I was so mad . They would not accept my (English) Debit card because they saw it as a 'top-up' card despite it being linked to my current account and they would not allow us to use my wifes card because she was not on the rental reservation. It took me 4 hrs 2 of which were spent on my mobile calling England to finally get something sorted. Needless to say we will NOT be using Budget again!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,542 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Budget rentacar Chevrolet Impala

It is going to be the same with any rental cal company you choose. They don't like debit cards. If they do allow you to use one they will put a hold on a large chunk of your money so it is strongly advised to use a credit card. Budget did absolutely nothing wrong and your anger was not justified.

B.