We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites or Omni

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United States
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Embassy Suites or Omni

Which is cleaner and more updated?

Twin Lakes...
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suites or Omni

We've stayed at both, but years ago. You'd have to read recent reviews to decide which is more updated. There's more space between two sleeping areas(and two tvs) at ES and their breakfasts were a savings. With kids in tow, we preferred that. The Omni is a little more upscale, so as just a couple I'd go with that

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,429 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suites or Omni

Which Embassy Suites? There are two within walking distance of each other. Any of the three will be clean and up-to-date.

Edited: 10:35 am, March 25, 2014
newark ohio
Level Contributor
632 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Suites or Omni

I can't speak for the Omni but the Embassy suites lakefront could use a upgrade! We stayed for 4 nights last week and was not impressed with the cleanliness. We saw toothpaste splattered on the tv unit in the bedroom area near the sink at it remained there the entire time we were there. We also commented that the room service trays remained on the floor outside of people's rooms all day. I was a bit put off by people coming down to breakfast in pj pants or robes? Really? Come on people your not at home. Embassy lakefront met our needs and location was great.

Edited: 11:31 pm, March 28, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,429 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Embassy Suites or Omni

Do you mean that you did not complain to housekeeping immediately and just put up with toothpaste on the TV near the sink for your whole stay? Sometimes even housekeeping needs a little help keeping house. As for the PJs at breakfast... that's the slovenly guests, not the hotel. Actually, the roomservice trays are also the fault of guests since they were told to call roomservice when they finished with their trays. You need to stay in a better grade of hotel, perhaps a smaller hotel than the gigantic Embassy Lakefront. If you like the Embassy brand, try the Embassy State St the next time.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Embassy Suites or Omni

SS, I understand where you are coming from but I disagree with you. I have seen trays on the floor for hours at hotels. I think any hotel should do a walk on the floors on a regular basis to pick up garbage, see that trays are removed, etc. The same thing with people in their PJ's. If this happens on a regular basis, signs need to go up. And I don't think "quality of the hotel" is an indicator of rude people. I was at the Ritz and this man was so ignorant at the breakfast table with his phone usage, I had to get up and ask for my breakfast to be boxed up and delivered to my room. Sure it was the rude guy but the hotel needs to manage their guests and clean up after them.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Embassy Suites or Omni

during the slower winter months, prices in hotels are very affordable to those that would otherwise not be able to afford it. also, there are not as many employees to constantly walk the halls in those months as the hotels are trying to make some kind of profit

of course that is no excuse for the gentlman on a flight i was on recently.

first class, first row, bare feet on the wall in front of him

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Embassy Suites or Omni

Agree that employees to "constantly" walk the halls would be unprofitable. But 2X a day, during "slower periods" such as 2 pm, to walk the floor and make sure that breakfast or lunch dishes aren't in the hall. I don't think that is too much to ask. Regarding your barefooted person in first, I would have asked the flight attendant to tell him that isn't allowed. I did that once--it was a whole barefooted family with their feet up on the wall and I went to the galley and made a complaint.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
828 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Embassy Suites or Omni

I am at the Embassy Suites on State St right now. It is perfectly clean. Lots of families here. You get the cocktail hour in the evening and the big breakfast in the am.

9. Re: Embassy Suites or Omni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 01, 2015