We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel at or Near Chicago O'hare Aiport

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Homosassa, FL
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel at or Near Chicago O'hare Aiport

Hi, Any recommendations for where to stay. Looking for one night on Sept 19th and Hilton at the Ariport quoted $355 with taxes.

Have a reservation for the Hampton Inn (free shuttle ride, 5 minutes to hotel) at $150, a savings of $200. Any reviews of the two of them or another suggestion.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,781 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel at or Near Chicago O'hare Aiport

I've stayed at that Hampton, but that sounds high. We stayed with park and fly and it was $120 a night but the hotel is Hampton all the way. No problems. Rosemont has a lot of options though.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel at or Near Chicago O'hare Aiport

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g36671-d87698-R…

Simple search on hotels to the left of this forum, will give you everything you need., $355 for the airport hilton is outrageous!!! I've stayed there for $99 internet rate. it's obviously convenient, but an average hotel.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel at or Near Chicago O'hare Aiport

just looked at hilton.com and the rate was $265, are there really $100 in taxes?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel at or Near Chicago O'hare Aiport

florida, i look up hampton.com and the rate is $128 with taxes..

What are you doing, your website sites, seem to be overcharging you, or your not doing the research?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,500 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel at or Near Chicago O'hare Aiport

Price out hotels in Rosemont,IL. It's just outside O'hare. They all have free shuttles to the airport.

Wauconda, Illinois
Level Contributor
983 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel at or Near Chicago O'hare Aiport

Try expanding your search to Des Plaines and Arlington Heights. I know are a few hotels in this area. The Radisson was just remodeled from a Doubletree. It just re-opened a few months ago. There is also a Best Western a bit further of Mannheim/Lee. Another way to go is Arlington Heights or Rolling Meadows. There are a few hotels in this area. I actually believe the Hampton Inn (if it is acrross the street from a Spagetti Wharehouse) you are speaking off is just steps from Arlington Heights. Hilton just remodeled another hotel in AH to be a Doubletree (Seems you are a Hilton Honors member). I believe they have a free hotel shuttle and it seemed pretty nice when I was in it a few months ago. The hotel restruant just opened a month or two ago and got a pretty good review by the Daily Herald.

If you can't get anything else, call the Residence Inn in Rosemont and tell them that you want the corporate rate of $125. If you really need I will tell you how.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel at or Near Chicago O'hare Aiport

Might try Hotwire. I got the Hyatt Rosemont for $58 a night (different date but worth a try) and they have a shuttle. It gets pretty good reviews.

8. Re: Hotel at or Near Chicago O'hare Aiport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 16, 2009