We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrigley Field and Chicago Cubs questions

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Wrigley Field and Chicago Cubs questions

Where are some good places to sit at Wrigley Field? We are planning to visit Chicago in late July and since we are huge baseball fans, attend a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field. We are considering either a night weekday game or day game on a Thursday. Since July can be very hot, we are probably leaning toward the night game. We are planning to use the red line train from our hotel. We are looking for seats not in full sun, with possibly some protection, and not too expensive (low to moderate priced), with a decent view of the stadium and game. What should we not miss while visiting Wrigley Field and the surrounding area? Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated. Also, do they have family restrooms (individual single stall) for people with medical issues or disabilities and where are they located? Thanks!

cincinnati
Level Contributor
489 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wrigley Field and Chicago Cubs questions

my apologies to cubs fans for the words that immediately follow, but thankfully the cubs are expected to lose far more than they win next season. tickets will not be that hard to get and usually not as expensive as in the good years of recent past.

i've had tremendous luck using Seatgeek and VividSeats websites for both Sox and Cubs games the past couple years. I've paid face value for bleacher seats ($86) vs my Reds and I wouldnt recommend them to non-bachelor type groups. Fun, but there are MUCH better values elsewhere in the ballpark.

I've never bought a ticket in the upper deck but i always trek up there around the 8th inning for a change of perspective. I love the little patio area behind home plate up there, very cool to see downtown from that vantage point.

I usually buy seats in lower level between the bases and foul line. that, to me, is the biggest bang for the buck.

Go with your gut. aside from the obstructed view seats there really isnt a bad seat in the park, its easily my favorite place on earth (that isnt a beach).

Rensselaer, Indiana
Level Contributor
7,369 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Wrigley Field and Chicago Cubs questions

tup, Cub fans have heard much worse throughout the years.

This is the 100th anniversary of Wrigley Field and many special events are planned during the entire season. I would expect a higher to much higher than usual attendance just because of this fact.

Level Contributor
75 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wrigley Field and Chicago Cubs questions

Most Wrigley Field restrooms are accessible to fans in wheelchairs. Appropriate exterior signage designates these locations. Companion and/or family restrooms are located in the Upper Bleachers, in First Aid (on the main concourse behind home plate), and in the Upper Deck on the first base side.

Water in unopened plastic bottles is allowed to be brought into the ballpark.

In the past couple of years tickets are not in high as demand as they used to be. A night game during the week will not be sold out, but it will be pretty close I'd imagine.

Central Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
128 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Wrigley Field and Chicago Cubs questions

To see if your seats will be in the sun or not, go to http://www.wrigleyfieldnews.com/sun click on the month you are visiting. Then use the arrows on each side of the screen to change the clock time. It won't give specific days of the month.

15. Re: Wrigley Field and Chicago Cubs questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 02, 2015