We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hancock building at sunset, dinner?

memphis
5 posts
Save Topic
Hancock building at sunset, dinner?

I would like to try going to the Hancock building just before sunset so we can see both the daytime and nighttime view. I know there is a bar just under the observation deck. Was wondering if they have food? Would we have time to eat something, take in the view, and make it to the Cadillac theater for a 7:30 show?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,323 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hancock building at sunset, dinner?

http://www.signatureroom.com/TheSignatureLounge/LoungeDining-(1)

Sunset is around 5pm this time of the year.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,962 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hancock building at sunset, dinner?

Dinner would be in the Signature Riom not the Signature Lounge Nice place for dinner actually quite decent food. Easy to catch a cab on Michigan Ave.

chicago
Level Contributor
569 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hancock building at sunset, dinner?

the signature lounge has snack and good cocktails. personally i don't think the food in the signature room is anywhere near worth the price but i really enjoy the signature lounge for a drink and a snack.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
253 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hancock building at sunset, dinner?

I had dinner in the Signature Room a few months ago. I was nervous based on reviews but I found the food to be decent (not spectacular) and while expensive the experience was worth it. Bring your camera, you'll have a very nice evening.

5. Re: Hancock building at sunset, dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 26, 2015