We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How likely is it that we will be delayed by weather?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, AU
Level Contributor
438 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
How likely is it that we will be delayed by weather?

My wife and I are flying to Chicago from Australia, arriving Dec 20. On 24/12 we fly to Boston from where we rent a car to drive to northern New Hampshire. On Dec 26 we drive the car back to NYC to fly to Miami.

Given recent weather events, my question is whether there is a significant chance that weather will cause us problems on this trip, in terms of missing connections etc.

(Hopefully I've used the correct spellings for 'weather' vs 'whether' in all these references ;-)

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,024 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How likely is it that we will be delayed by weather?

It is impossible to predict the weather 2 weeks away. Chicago Boston and NYC are all susceptible to winter delays but the airports deal pretty well with the snow.

B

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,193 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How likely is it that we will be delayed by weather?

I don't see any connections in your schedule. That's good news; if there is a snowstorm, your plane may be delayed, but you will eventually get where you want to go.

The one time crunch is evident: the drive from Boston to New Hampshire on Christmas Eve. That's an area with frequent snowstorms. If you are not used to driving in snow, don't take a storm lightly. The conditions in a city will be much milder than out in the country. Wait for the snow and wind to disperse, and stick to daylight hours if at all possible. Carry emergency gear and supplies, and dress appropriately for the outdoors.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,982 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How likely is it that we will be delayed by weather?

Duplicate post.

4. Re: How likely is it that we will be delayed by weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 11, 2014