We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun New Year's Eve Ideas for 4 Girls in Chi-Town!!

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Fun New Year's Eve Ideas for 4 Girls in Chi-Town!!

Me and my very young hearted 30-40 yr.-old girlfriends are coming to Chicago for New Years Eve and would love some recommendations where we should go to bring in 2014. Looking for a lively, fun venue with good music and good people. Thanks. :)

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,500 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun New Year's Eve Ideas for 4 Girls in Chi-Town!!

Please type New Years Eve in the search box above. There are numerous posts on the subject.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun New Year's Eve Ideas for 4 Girls in Chi-Town!!

Actually been there, done that before putting my post out requesting info. The majority of posts under the New Years search are quite old. The question remains...

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,500 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun New Year's Eve Ideas for 4 Girls in Chi-Town!!

…metromix.com/stories/2569-chicago-s-2013-ne…

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun New Year's Eve Ideas for 4 Girls in Chi-Town!!

The club/bar/event scene changes all the time, so it's hard to give a solid recommendation. Read timeoutchicago.com/things-to-do/… and feel free to post back with what looks appealing.

Don't wait until the last minute to get tickets and/or reservations. Some events are already sold out.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,594 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun New Year's Eve Ideas for 4 Girls in Chi-Town!!

Google Eve of the Eve party at Union Station. This is actually a black tie event the night before new years eve...really fun, about 1000 people, food, booze, bands....great time!

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,587 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun New Year's Eve Ideas for 4 Girls in Chi-Town!!

an alternative to the usual NYE fare....

https://www.facebook.com/FirstNightEvanston

looks like a decent music lineup....

went to this event a few times before its hiatus and it was great...

access from downtown chicago is via CTA red line and METRA....

or, just stay in evanston....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
936 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun New Year's Eve Ideas for 4 Girls in Chi-Town!!

If you are going to go out in the city for new years eve, i would splurge on getting a table somewhere. I think theWit is selling a table for 4 at $1200, which includes bottle service. Other nice bars will have similiar packages. If you try and get a deal you will end up spending $120 a ticket and waiting in long lines for weak drinks all night. I am not one that recommends bottle service and reserved tables, but NYE in the city is a suburban tourist nightmare...it is worth the extra cash. Or come the weekend after instead.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun New Year's Eve Ideas for 4 Girls in Chi-Town!!

NYE is normally amateur night in the city and I stay as far away from it as possible. Like others have posted there are some amazing high end events that are held but they are very expensive. Hotel rooms for NYE are also much more expensive than normal.

B.

Edited: 6:22 pm, December 06, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,094 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fun New Year's Eve Ideas for 4 Girls in Chi-Town!!

Actually, the answers you found regarding NYE in Chicago in your research are still relevant. You might also use the Holiday thread post in the Top Questions. It's the same every year. DO NOT COME HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE TICKETS to an event, bar or party. There is no bar hopping on NYE. It is amateur night; even worse than St. Pat's day and decidedly colder. Stay away. It's no fun. It's couples night not blind-date night.

Unless you can find a hotel with a NYE package, don't waste your time nor money.

10. Re: Fun New Year's Eve Ideas for 4 Girls in Chi-Town!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 08, 2014