We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to make a 45 minute connection time

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Is it possible to make a 45 minute connection time

We are flying From Orlando to Chicago to Dublin all with British airways. So our luggage will go straight through and as all BA flights are in terminal 5 we won't need to check in again (at least I think). Would it be possible to make it to the next flight in this time?

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to make a 45 minute connection time

i doubt you will land at terminal 5 coming from orlando as that terminal is exclusively for international flights arrivals and departures. 45 mins is really, really tight as you'll have a 5 -15 min train ride from any other terminal to terminal 5.

Edited: 7:58 pm, November 29, 2013
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,988 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to make a 45 minute connection time

Are you flying on AA from Orlando to Chicago? If so, you'll arrive in T3.

45 minutes isn't the best connection time as you'll need to take a team from T3 to T5.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,980 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to make a 45 minute connection time

BA does not fly Orlando to Chicago so that is certainly a code share on AA, and VA also does not fly ORD to DUB so that is also probably a code share on AA. If that's true all your flights are from T3 and you will be fine if first flight us on time. But it's tight as they'll be boarding the second flight already when the first is landing.

Definitely double check the operating airlines for your flights as I doubt either us actually on BA.

Edited: 8:45 pm, November 29, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,268 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to make a 45 minute connection time

You need to verify your carrier(s). American does have codeshare out of Chicago O'Hare with BA but not non-stop to Dublin. They go through JFK or MIA. BA doesn't serve either Orlando airport. It reads to me that you are flying domestic, not international.

Edited: 10:50 pm, November 29, 2013
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,024 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it possible to make a 45 minute connection time

Anything is possible but there is NO way I would take that connection to an international flight. They will be boarding when your plane is supposed to arrive. Not only do you have to make it but so does your luggage. One tiny hiccup on the inbound and you are stuck at Ohare. They will get you on the next available flight but that could mean an overnight stay in Chicago. There are tons of flights from MCO to ORD pick an earlier one.

B.

6. Re: Is it possible to make a 45 minute connection time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 02, 2014