We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bohemian National Cemetery ?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
236 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Bohemian National Cemetery ?

I have pulled up their web site--looks of interest. Located on the North side at Foster and Pulaski, which tells me little. I don't know Chicago or the neighborhood. Safe enough for a dirt farmer, other things in the area to check out? I have been to Graceland Cemetery and most likely will return, had not realized the other adjacent and nearby burial grounds. Seems that was north; same general locale or not even in the ballpark? El and/or bus stops near? Thanks, If I knew where you all lived I would drop by with some money for all the help.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bohemian National Cemetery ?

It's a very safe neighborhood, almost directly west of Graceland. There are a number of institutions in the area like Swedish Covenant Hospital, Northeastern University, WTTW Studios. The cemetery has some elaborate monuments, but not nearly as much of the significant history that Graceland has. There is a nature center in the same area, which is pleasant to visit, but, it's not large and not of any great significance.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,584 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bohemian National Cemetery ?

Just agreeing with what the first poster said. The area itself is very nice. Just a bit west of the cemetery is a large park where the Chicago river passes through. It's not a bad spot for a walk. You're also just a few miles west of Foster beach if you were interested in going to the lake. The area a mile or so east by Northeastern and North Park University is like a very small university town with a bunch of small college type restaurants.

Graceland Cemetery is several miles away. If you had a car, you could drive between the two in about 20 minutes. To get to Bohemian Cemetery from downtown on the CTA is pretty easy. You could take the red line to Foster and the Foster bus to the cemetery.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
236 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bohemian National Cemetery ?

Thanks to both for the information.

4. Re: Bohemian National Cemetery ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 07, 2014