We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight RV Parking Chicago, IL - Motorhomes, Trucks, Boats

Minneapolis...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Overnight RV Parking Chicago, IL - Motorhomes, Trucks, Boats

I just drove to Chicago, IL in my RV for the weekend and discovered a very large parking facility for RVs, Tour Buses, Motorhomes, Boats, etc., that is very easy to find and use - the McCormick Place Marshaling Yard at the intersection of 31st Street and Moe Drive. It doesn't seem to matter what size your RV is and given the facility's size, you can be towing just about anything, so long as it’s legal. The facility has lots of open space. Rates probably change depending on the season and local events, but I paid $21 a night (August 2013). Entry and exit is through a manned station with gate arms. Since I was staying in a hotel in the City, the attendant gave me the phone number for cab service as well as a location code. The cab arrived in 5 minutes and cost me $16 total to go to my hotel on Friday afternoon during rush hour. My return cab ride on Sunday was only $12 total. My hotel was at the Monaco in the loop, which is walking distance to the theater district, Millenium Park, and shopping. Directions to McCormick Place Marshaling Yard: US-41 South to 31st Street Exit. Go right (West) on 31st Street (away from the Lake). Take Immediate right on Moe Drive. Now take first left into Marshaling Yard parking. This a giant parking lot, so don't expect to see trees and shrubbery - just pavement, vehicles, and a small building. Expect it to be industrial looking. This facility may be busy during event weekends so it is probably a good idea to call ahead to see if it is busy - 312.808.3161. Note: I accidently discovered that if you go East on 31st Street, you immediately run into the lakefront trail system, which I believe runs into town. That might be good, though, if you are towing bicycles. VERY IMPORTANT: AVOID LAKE SHORE DRIVE WITH YOUR RV, TRUCK, MOTORHOME OR BUS. Although the City has done an excellent job of posting "No Trucks Allowed" where appropriate, you don't want to stray into these areas accidently. The residents won't appreciate it, nor will the local police.

Humboldt House
Gift & Specialty Shops
Asrai Garden
Gift & Specialty Shops
1 post
Save Reply
31. Re: Overnight RV Parking Chicago, IL - Motorhomes, Trucks, Boats

RV PARKING:

McCormick Place Truck Marshalling Yard

2900 Moe Drive

Chicago, IL 60616

32. Re: Overnight RV Parking Chicago, IL - Motorhomes, Trucks, Boats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, May 17, 2015
Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Overnight RV Parking Chicago, IL - Motorhomes, Trucks, Boats

THank you for this post. Thinking of stopping in Chicago on way back from long road trip and closest RV park I could find was 55 miles away. Don't want to drive in and out (or spend hours on mass transit) for a couple days to sight see. This might work for us. Would rather spend my time and money seeing the sights during the day.

34. Re: Overnight RV Parking Chicago, IL - Motorhomes, Trucks, Boats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 07, 2017