We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket brokers around Wrigley

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norman, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket brokers around Wrigley

I've read that you can get really cheap tickets at the ticket brokers around the stadium if you wait an inning or so into the game. Right now I can get a pair of tickets in the infield reserved section for $16 each. Would the tickets be much cheaper or better to wait? We mostly just want to experience the stadium during a game. Also where exactly are these brokers? Are they easy to find?

chicago
Level Contributor
8,286 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket brokers around Wrigley

they are everywhere and they will find you, plenty of tickets available unless they are playing the cardinals

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,992 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket brokers around Wrigley

Consider Stubhub as an alternative to a ticket broker.. Unless it's a popular series - you should be able to score tickets below face value. A ticket broker will not sell below face value.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,980 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticket brokers around Wrigley

Practically every building around wrigley houses a ticket broker on game days. Look for the signs advertising tickets for sale. Its a very open market. Not sure how much cheaper than $16 you'll get for those tickets, though, from a broker.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,273 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticket brokers around Wrigley

And scammers abound looking for tourists who are trying to get a better deal than through a legit ticket seller.

Edited: 10:34 pm, August 08, 2013
Chicago, IL USA
Level Contributor
342 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticket brokers around Wrigley

Go with Stubhub. The scalpers will try to get every last cent outa you. $16 bucks is a great price but if you are seeing that on a broker's sight there will be upcharges. I'm a season tic holder and if I can't go to the game I sell on Stubhub. You can print your tics as soon as you buy them. This way it's one less worry and you can enjoy the game. Have fun.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,027 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ticket brokers around Wrigley

Scalpers also try to rip you off by selling tickets from previous games, telling you the tickets are together when they are not or by exaggerating how good the tickets are.

B.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,980 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticket brokers around Wrigley

The difference would be between scalpers and brokers. If you try to buy tickets from a random person on the street trying to sell tickets, you run some risks. I'd have no problem going into one of the many stores in the area advertising tickets for sale and buying them there.

Chicago, IL USA
Level Contributor
342 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ticket brokers around Wrigley

But I guarantee that you will pay more at any of the brokers around the park. They are in the business of making as much as they can and they have overhead etc. On Stubhub most of the tics are us season ticket holders just trying to get something for the games we can't attend. No matter what you decide, you will have a great time. Enjoy the game.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
68 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ticket brokers around Wrigley

I also appreciate your comments as my sister and I are meeting in Chicago for a long Labor Day Sissy weekend and already purchased our Bears tickets on Stubhub. We were considering a Cubs game on Saturday afternoon however planned to wait and see if we really wanted to attend the game or just the area (I've been to Wrigley, she has not, but is more football than baseball) but may just purchase a couple of upper tickets to get in and wander around a bit for the afternoon game. Looking forward to experiencing your beautiful city!

10. Re: Ticket brokers around Wrigley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 15, 2014