We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elated over transportation help!

Corvallis, Oregon
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Elated over transportation help!

I am feeling a lot more confident about this trip. Two more questions

!. An easy way to get from DeWitt PLace to the Navy Pier. Not a priority for me but I am travling with a 13 year old(!) We are using public transportation.

2. I notice the train goesall the way to Oak Park out in the suburbs. We are going to a wedding at the Hyatt Lodge l at McDonald Forest. We could call a taxi from the station. Does the length of the train ride increase the price?

Chicago Water Taxi
Ferries, Taxis & Shuttles
EJ Concierge Ride Inc
Bus Transportation, Taxis & Shuttles, Mass Transportation Systems
Chicago Horse & Carriage Ltd
Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elated over transportation help!

Navy Pier only about 3/4 miles from where you're staying, you can walk. Head east to Lake Shore Drive, then turn right. At Grand Avenue, cross under Lake Shore Drive.

The CTA Green Line goes to Oak Park. Hyatt Lodge is in Oakbrook, about 12 miles away. The Green Line goes through some rough areas between The Loop and Oak Park. If your wedding is an evening affair, you'd be taking the train home late at night.

You'd do better taking the Metra Union Pacific West train (commuter) from Union Station to Elmhurst or the Burlington Northern Santa Fe train to Hinsdale or West Hinsdale. Metra fares are based on distance. Check www.metrarail.com for schedules and fares.

Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
52,041 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elated over transportation help!

Flat rate taxi from www.americantaxi.com might be a better option for the commute outto the wedding. They will pick you up at DeWittt with a reservation. Metra's schedule on the weekend is somewhat sporadic - trains about every two hours..

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16,446 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elated over transportation help!

2.definitely taxi like Dave said. Metra barely runs on a weekend evening.

Level Contributor
7,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Elated over transportation help!

If it's an evening reception book a room at the Hyatt and stay the night.

5. Re: Elated over transportation help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 23, 2014
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question