We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Wrigley Field??

Adelaide, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Hotel near Wrigley Field??

Am travelling from Australia and have two nights in Chicago late August. We (my american boyfriend and i) are planning on doing a baseball game and want to hit some cool chicago bars one night and spend a day cramming in what we can downtown) so are thinking of staying at either Willows or the Majestic?

I love the old brownstone era of chicago (in my next life Im coming back as a chicago college student!) and would like to find something like that on a budget. Priceline has both these hotels with great rates ( $130/night plus taxes) ... just cant decide which one .. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,161 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Wrigley Field??

There are reviews of both properties in TA. Also consider the Days Inn in Lincoln Park and the Best Western Hawthorne Terrace.

Adelaide, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Wrigley Field??

Hi, thanks Dave .. yea ive spent some hours reading reviews for both (most) hotels in the area ... just wondered if anyone had stayed at both as a comparison. They both seem pretty similar ... and im not good at decision making :) ... coin toss I think!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,161 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Wrigley Field??

Good hotel deal downtown - travelzoo.com/hotels/…

Adelaide, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Wrigley Field??

thats a gorgeous hotel ... location wise is it easy to get to and from ORD and MDW ... wrigley field and back (after bar hopping) on a wednesday night.. .and easy to explore downtown for a day?

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,261 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Wrigley Field??

The Allerton has a great location, right on Michigan Avenue and about 4 short blocks from the Chicago stop on the Red Line, but it does have some very small rooms. I'm guessing that $99 will get you something fairly compact.

Warsaw, Indiana
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Wrigley Field??

The best way to do Wrigley is to stay downtown and take a short red line train ride up to the field.

7. Re: Hotel near Wrigley Field??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 12, 2014