We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for Chicago itinerary

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Help for Chicago itinerary

Hi,

I am visiting Chicago in the month of Sept from India. I want to plan ahead.I saw the info about Chicago Greeters ( how does one sign up for this). Saviour for travellers on tight budget. I am there for 10 days and want to soak up every delight that the city offers ..in best possible way that is light on the pocket. Love walking. Can bike but not in very crowded places. Will b delighted if some friendly folks can help draw up a day to day itinerary.. so that I don't miss out on must dos. My interest are history; architecture ;cuisine; old towns; some baking classes; food tours....art museums... and whatever u suggest....tx

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help for Chicago itinerary

Eternalsearch - Hopefully someone has the time to do that for you. It is a lot to ask to develop a 10 day itinerary for someone you do not know. I would suggest you spend some time doing some reading here and other internet sites buying a guidebook or two and come up with some ideas yourself and ask for constructive feedback from the many knowledgeable people here.

Finding a place to stay IMO is step number 1.

B.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,500 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help for Chicago itinerary

Please start with - http://www.choosechicago.com/ for ideas of what to see/do here. With 10 days - you've got a lot of flexibility in deciding what to do from day to day.

http://app.chicagogreeter.com/visitor/ - to sign up for a greeter.

Rensselaer, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,854 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help for Chicago itinerary

I commented on your other thread.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help for Chicago itinerary

Booyakasha1201 Thank you. Sorry if that sounded that I am offloading the complete itinerary to trip advisor friends.:) did not mean to. I am ofcourse reading a lot and have drawn up something of interests. Surely will get to a plan.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help for Chicago itinerary

Thank you Dave. That will surely give me start. It was helpful.

6. Re: Help for Chicago itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 22, 2014