We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrigley field to Rosemont

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elyria, Ohio
11 posts
Save Topic
Wrigley field to Rosemont

Me and my 10 year old son will be staying at the Marriott Suites ohare in Rosemont July 13-15. We have tickets to a cubs game Sunday July 14. The game is an 8 pm game I believe. Getting from Rosemont to Wrigley, we were going to take the blue line el and transfer to the red at Jackson and then to Addison. Getting back to Rosemont after the game at night is where I have my concerns. Do I just reverse my trip? Will the entire rout be safe? Will we be able to walk from the Rosemont station to the Marriott at night? Should we leave in the 7th inning and cab it back to Rosemont? Any other options? First time to Chicago.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,812 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrigley field to Rosemont

On public transport, better to take blue line to Addison then take the Addison bus to the park. Faster than going all the way downtown. You can do the same on the way back, too as there's usually a couple Addison buses lived up right outside the park.

Taxi works, too but sometimes hard to get after the game.

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrigley field to Rosemont

It looks like it's a bit of a hike from the Blue Line stop at Rosemont to your hotel but it would be safe. Your hotel's website mentions a free shuttle to the airport so you could always take the Blue Line to the airport and then call them about a pickup, or check with them at the hotel. A cab from Rosemont to the hotel would be another option

As stated, take the Blue Line to Addison and then the bus from there. If you don't have a pass, that will require a transfer..

Elyria, Ohio
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrigley field to Rosemont

Which bus goes from Addison blue to Wrigley? Same bus on the return trip? Do I have to worry about getting on the wrong bus on the way back?

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrigley field to Rosemont

It's the Addison St. bus both ways, #152. Your hotel (6155 N River Rd.) is pretty close to the Rosemont station on River Road; the hotel is just north of the expressway, and the station is just south. It's a 10 minute walk between the two, plus a an hour's ride on the bus and train. However, since the game isn't until 8 PM, wouldn't you be coming from sightseeing downtown? If so, take the Red Line and allow 30 minutes.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,265 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrigley field to Rosemont

Can you cancel hotel? If so check your dates on hotwire

I personally wouldn't want to take the blue line at midnight on a Sunday

Elyria, Ohio
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wrigley field to Rosemont

Sightseeing will be on Saturday. Got hotel for $99. the game is at 7pm not 8pm, not sure if the one hour will make a difference. Is the bus and Blue line safe after a cubs game? Will the bus and train be full of cubs fans?

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wrigley field to Rosemont

First of all, look at transitchicago.com for info on bus and train schedules and fares.

The bus going home will be all Cubs fans. The buses wait outside the ballpark and leave when they fill up.

The train should be safe.

The bigger issue is the time it will take to get back. You might have to wait a long time for a Blue Line train.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,265 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wrigley field to Rosemont

3 star downtown for $127

Elyria, Ohio
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wrigley field to Rosemont

Would a cab back be a better option. Is it hard to catch a cab after the game or do we need to leave the game early?

chicago
Level Contributor
8,265 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wrigley field to Rosemont

I usually don't have a problem finding a cab