We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 2 full days!

Margate City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Only 2 full days!

Hello fellow travelers. I am finally visiting Chicago with a friend the last week of April. We are so excited, but will only have 2 days and 1 evening. We are staying at Grant Park. We arrive around 7pm on a Monday evening, and we'd like to try an Indian restaurant the first night. Any recommendations somewhat nearby?

We have tickets to the history museum. But, we'd also like to include a fun and general tour (like on bikes, Segway, Chicago greeter, and/or on water), something entertaining (like a show, live music, or dinner cruise), antique/boutique shopping in a quaint colorful neighborhood, of course sample all of Chicago's BEST Local Fares and of course sightsee.

Can you please help us prioritize the best options for such a short amount of time. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Grant Park
Grant Park
791 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Chicago Greeter
Chicago Greeter
1,970 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Clarke House Museum
Specialty Museums, History Museums
Chicago Sports Museum
Children's Museums, History Museums, Game & Entertainment Centers, Specialty Museums
Chicago Waterworks Visitors Center
Historic Sites, History Museums, Visitor Centers
Charnley-Persky House
Architectural Buildings, History Museums
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Only 2 full days!

You might take a look at restaurant.com. I was meeting a friend for dinner a couple months ago and she's a big fan of that site. The most popular restaurants don't partner with them, don't have to, but when I looked and saw the Parthenon in Greektown, I agreed. We had a lovely meal and the fierce competition in Greektown makes their prices already reasonable, but a $50.00 GC for $20.00, better still. I can get most excellent cuisines back home, but I've always thought Greek in Chicago really shines, yet to have a bad meal at any of them and yet to find the same caliber in other big cities.

If there are any other restaurants they offer, I don't recognize most, read reviews and maybe the locals could advise

Mentioned in this post
Greektown
Greektown
111 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Margate City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Only 2 full days!

Very Helpful. Thank you!!

13. Re: Only 2 full days!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 10, 2014