We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should Phillies fans sit at Wrigley Field?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Topic
Where should Phillies fans sit at Wrigley Field?

My boyfriend and I are from Philly [please be gentle! :)] and are huge baseball fans. We have always wanted to see a game at Wrigley Field so we're heading out to Chicago on Labor Day weekend this year to see the Phillies vs. Cubs.

We want to be as respectful as possible when visiting a competitor's home field so I was wondering if there are certain areas where visiting fans are more likely to sit. And who better to ask than experts on the town! We are trying to avoid the bleachers this time around due to other reviews. We are really in it to see the game at such a historic ballpark, though we will likely enjoy several beverages as well!

We definitely don't need the most expensive tickets in the park (at home games we tend to sit higher up anyway) but we don't want to be blocked by the pillars either, if possible.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Maine
Level Contributor
322 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should Phillies fans sit at Wrigley Field?

Don't worry about it. You can sit anywhere. You'll see Phillies fans scattered throughout the park. Wrigley is such an established tourist destination that crowds are always going to have a healthy mix of visiting team fans as well as tourists who are just there for the experience (not to mention locals who are just there for the experience.)

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,268 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should Phillies fans sit at Wrigley Field?

Don't segregate yourselves from Cubs fans. Sit anywhere you want and get into a conversation with the Cub fan next to you who might just be a closet Phillies fan too. Cubs fans have to have a second favorite team if they ever want to root for a team in the World Series (it's only been 104 years). Wrigley is all safe territory.

Chicago
Level Contributor
228 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should Phillies fans sit at Wrigley Field?

Where should Philly fans sit? How about Pennsylvania? :)

Seriously though, your team will be in the dugout along the first base line. If you can spring for more expensive tickets, the box seats in that area would be my first choice.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,980 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should Phillies fans sit at Wrigley Field?

If you tend to sit higher up anyway, check out the upper deck boxes, preferably in the infield. These are the 400 section seats. The upper deck is considerably closer at Wrigley than at most parks so these are actually really good seats. And if you're in the 400 section, you'll be in front of the pillars.

In the lower deck, the terrace boxes, and anything in front of them, will be in front of the pillars.

Also, while I have not had one in a while, I believe any with major pillar issues will be marked as obstructed view when you try to buy them online at cubs.com.

And wear your Phillies gear without worrying. There will be opposing fans scattered around the park and the home crowd is pretty mellow compared to some places. Day games are a nicer experience if you have a choice. The park is best looking then, and the night crowd tends to be rowdier. You can see a day game and then hang out in a bar nearby and have a drink if you want.

…mlb.com/chc/ticketing/seating.jsp

Libertyville...
Level Contributor
109 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should Phillies fans sit at Wrigley Field?

By labor day, my guess is you'll have the run of the place. Assuming the Cubs will be 20 games out by then and the Phils are still in it, there may be a sizable Philly contingent. As for obstructed view seats, just open a second window in your browser when you are buying tickets and google "obstructed view Wrigley" or similar for some good online lists regarding which seats to avoid. They should also be marked as such if buying from the cubs, but possibly not if buying from a broker. If it's your first trip, I would avoid the bleachers, they are General Admission, first-come/first-served. Rather than stand in line an hour before game time to guarantee a decent spot, I would rather spend that time across the street at Murphy's--where you will likely also find some Philly Phans.

6. Re: Where should Phillies fans sit at Wrigley Field?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 16, 2014