We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from House of Blues to Sheraton

Indiana
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from House of Blues to Sheraton

Hi, I'm sure this question is probably unnecessary, but I'm going to ask anyway. My husband and I are visiting Chicago this weekend. We are eating dinner on Saturday night near the House of Blues. We are staying at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers. Is is pretty safe to walk from one to the other after dark? It looks like our route would primarily be along the river.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from House of Blues to Sheraton

Yes, you'll be fine. Just use common sense and be aware of who and what is around you. Keep PDAs and other electronics tucked into a pocket or bag as they have been targets of some high profile thefts.

You can walk along the river part east of Michigan Ave, but there's construction on the plaza near the Wrigley Building, so you'll have to go north to Hubbard or Illinois Street to get around that. You could also walk all the way between the two on Hubbard or Grand Ave.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,919 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from House of Blues to Sheraton

I would walk to your dinner and if you are comfortable with that route, walk home. It's perfectly safe but it's too isolated for my taste.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from House of Blues to Sheraton

when you arrive at the Sheraton, go to the concierge and ask for a map and let them show you the best route

4. Re: Walking from House of Blues to Sheraton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 26, 2013