We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for Pregnant Traveler

Seattle
Level Contributor
291 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for Pregnant Traveler

I'm going to be in town for a few days next week on a business trip and arranged to bring my wife along for the ride. She's never been to Chicago before, so she was pretty excited to spend a few days in the city while I attend meetings.

I intentionally wrote "was pretty excited" because she's now halfway through the first trimester with our second child. She feels awful, but hopefully can rally enough to enjoy some of the sites.

Does anyone have any advice for pregnant friendly attractions? The morning sickness and fatigue are pretty rough, but we're staying at the Amalfi, and she has a couple of things in mind. She's definitely interested in the Art Institute of Chicago, and was thinking about the Field Museum as well. I'm worried that she's going to get completely worn out walking around.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,021 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for Pregnant Traveler

Since you're here for a few days, do one or two things each day. The busy tourist season is over. No need to rush. Crowds shouldn't be an issue. Both venues have plenty of places to sit and take a break.

Cabs are plentiful if she doesn't want to deal with taking a bus.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,909 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for Pregnant Traveler

make sure she carries around saltines and 7 up.

3. Re: Advice for Pregnant Traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 19, 2013