We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago hotel/restaurant advice for a Sat. night!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chicago hotel/restaurant advice for a Sat. night!

I will be in Chicago in a few weeks and would like to rent a room for the Sat. night that I am there. I will be staying with friends during the rest of my stay.

What area(s) of Chicago would you recommend? We are in our late 20's early 30's and would like to enjoy a nice late dinner (10:30 pm) on Sat. night in a restaurant with ambiance... with a full bar. So late service is a must. Any suggestions?

Also, we will not have a car so these places will have to be accessible by cab/train.

Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chicago hotel/restaurant advice for a Sat. night!

I would stay near Michigan Ave. from the river north to Lakeshore DR. This area has many hotels (you didn't mention your price range) from Hampton Inn, House of Blues, Talbott, Intercontinental, Sofitel (my choice) Sutton Place, Four Seasons, Ritz, Drake, just to name a few. There are many many restaurants, but my favorite is Hugo's Frog Bar. It fits your bill, but I don't know when the kitchen closes. I've eaten there after 9 but I don't know about 10:30. I'm sure you'll get other suggestions because there are so many options.

Mentioned in this post
Michigan
Michigan
United States
The Talbott Hotel
The Talbott Hotel
3,270 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Chicago
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chicago hotel/restaurant advice for a Sat. night!

The Amalfi gets excellent reviews, is more modern and appealing to a younger crowd and is in a very good location - there are quite a few restaurants nearby, as well as the House of Blues.

The Intercontinental is a generally very well-reviewed historic hotel on Michigan Ave. It has a historic, utterly stunning pool and the rooms were nice. I wasn't thrilled with the wallpaper in the hallways, but the room was very cozy and nice. If you go there, ask if you can get a room in the historic wing.

Both of these hotels are on or near Michigan Ave and are pretty central in the city.

There's also Hotel 71 (big rooms, view of the river), Sheraton (by Navy Pier and Michigan Ave, good views), Swissotel (good views, nice location), Sofitel (a little pricey, but new and very attractive), Talbott (good location on Michigan Ave, intimiate little place), Burnham (historic, right on State St, across from Marshall Fields), Palmer House (very historic, with an incredible lobby, right in the center of the downtown - some walk to Michigan Ave, but it's right in the main "Loop" area).

Mentioned in this post
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Navy Pier
Navy Pier
12,069 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Swissotel Chicago
Swissotel Chicago
4,851 Reviews
Chicago, IL