We will be staying at the Ambassador East at the end of March (got a good deal through priceline).We are trying to budget our money and I have a couple of questions related to the hotel and area we are staying in:
1. Is it really within walking distance to Water Tower Place? How far?
2. Does the Ambassador have any kind of continnental breakfast (ie free)?
3. Could you recommend some close restaurants that are not really expensive? Also any place where we could stock up on breakfast foods to take to our room? Grocery store, bakery, or something like that.
4. We have two adults and a 2 year old in our group, so I was wondering if you think it would be possible to request and get a double bed no smoking room? I know many hotels won't honor requests through priceline. Should I call my request in ahead of time?
5. (This is a little off subject.) Do the free trollys run at the end of March during week days?
6. Any other advice or info would be great.