We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Downtown Chicago to Outlet in Aurora

norahy
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Downtown Chicago to Outlet in Aurora

I am visiting Chicago next week and planning to visit Premium Outlet in Aurora, and wonder how I can get there by public transportation from downtown Chicago.

I know I can get to Aurora Station by metro rail from Union Station, but not sure how to get to the outlet from the Aurora station.

On its official website, it says that I can call a cab or take Pace Bus #533. Does anyone know how convenient it is to take a cab or the bus? I don't want to be stuck at the rail station after more than one hour's ride. Thanks.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Downtown Chicago to Outlet in Aurora

Why do you want to go? Honestly, it is not worth the trip. Plenty of cheaper options within the city. Check out Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Nordstrom Rack all within a block of each other on State St.

If you still plan on going, do a search for Premium Outlet. It will take you a long time no matter how you swing it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
412 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Downtown Chicago to Outlet in Aurora

I live somewhat close and it's always crowded when I drive by. So without starting a heated debate is it worth it or not. Consider time and cost of travel into the equation.

Its the end of the line for that branch, so cabs are usually parked outside the Metra Station. It's about 10-15 minutes by vehicle to the outlet mall. However, I don't see too many cabs at the Mall waiting for customers.

Hope this helps.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,572 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Downtown Chicago to Outlet in Aurora

I vote not worth going

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,412 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Downtown Chicago to Outlet in Aurora

It's actually easier to get to this mall via public transit - www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp… - six blocks from the train station.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
16,259 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Downtown Chicago to Outlet in Aurora

It's not worth it. Why don't you check out the stores in the city first? There are numerous new discount stores in the Loop and off Michigan Ave. If you must go out there type "aurora outlet mall" in the Chicago search engine. Sort the criteria by date instead of relevance to get the latest discussions.

norahy
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Downtown Chicago to Outlet in Aurora

Thank you guys. I want go there becasue some of the brands hardly go half price in a regular store (e.g., Swarovski and Coach, or a pair of Nike Jordan shoes). If there are such deals in downtown Chicago, I will definitely skip the outlet mall. A round trip from Union Station to Aurora Station is 12 bucks, so I consider that reasonable.

I did some further research on the Pace Bus and it looks like bus 533 does go from the metra station to the outlet (about 20min ride at 1.85). Maybe I can call them to confirm the schedule.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Downtown Chicago to Outlet in Aurora

http://www.pacebus.com will give you the schedule. No Sunday or holiday service, and not all the weekday trips go to the mall.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,572 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Downtown Chicago to Outlet in Aurora

Are you aware that just about everything that's sold there is specifically made for the outlets? There are no deals there, just clever marketing

9. Re: Transportation from Downtown Chicago to Outlet in Aurora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 01, 2012