We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transportation to ikea, schaumburg

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
meriden, iowa
1 post
Save Topic
public transportation to ikea, schaumburg

what is the best way to get to ikea-Schaumburg using public transportation from ohare airport?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,500 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transportation to ikea, schaumburg

Take a CTA blue line train to Jefferson Park. Transfer over to a Metra train towards Harvard. Get off at Arlington Heights. You'll need to take a cab from there to Ikea. There's a trip planner tool on the homepage of www.transitchicago.com - keep in mind, the trip can be time consuming.

You can also take a flat rate taxi from ORD to Ikea - http://americantaxi.com/

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public transportation to ikea, schaumburg

I would just take a cab from the airport instead of futzing around with public transit for this sort of trip. I am just guessing here that you just have a long layover at O'Hare and are planning to do a little shopping between flights. Make sure to note the cab company phone number so you can call them to pick you back up from IKEA to get back to the airport.

Twin Lakes...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public transportation to ikea, schaumburg

Schaumburg is a city that is not that easy to get around without a car. I agree, just take a taxi. If you do find you have a lot of time and can find a way to Schaumburg, they do offer Pace dial a rides to the general public from anywhere in the city to anywhere else in the city limits for $2.00 pp.Most cities only offer that for the elderly or disabled. The bugaboo is you have to schedule your pickup 2 hrs ahead of time and they could be 10 or 15 minutes late picking you up, so like I said, only if you have a lot of …pacebus.com/sub/…sd_dial_a_ride.asp

Twin Lakes...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public transportation to ikea, schaumburg

pacebus.com/sub/…sd_dial_a_ride.asp

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,094 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: public transportation to ikea, schaumburg

I know you specified public transportation - but - rent a car. There are plenty of car rentals at O'Hare. If you buy something you don't want to have to tote it from the store to public transportation or carry it on public transportation. Schaumburg is s spread out suburb 30 miles outside of Chicago's Loop.

6. Re: public transportation to ikea, schaumburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:31 am, January 29, 2011