We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What area will be closest to quaint pubs and pizza places?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
What area will be closest to quaint pubs and pizza places?

Please help if you can ~ we love to stay within walking distance of lots of little pubs, shops,and taverns, and we always like to order pizza for the room on our return to the hotel. Chicago is so big, we don't know what section all the little pubs and stores will be in. Any suggestions? We'll be looking for a hotel for about 150 per night range (using priceline bidding). Thanks!

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What area will be closest to quaint pubs and pizza places?

Hotel Indigo is in the Gold Coast area, which is a little bit of a way from the Michigan Ave shopping area. It's a nice neighborhood with pubs, pleasant restaurants both sit-down and take-out (including Edwardo's Pizza, which I like). It's also nearby the lakefront and not a very far walk from Lincoln Park Zoo.

Hotel Indigo is right there (but is not on Priceline) and the Omni Ambassador East (which is the only *known* hotel under the Boutique rating in the River North/North Michigan ave. zone.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What area will be closest to quaint pubs and pizza places?

Consider staying in the Lincoln Park/Lakeview neighborhood. Get away from Michigan Ave. Cuty Suites hotels (or is it City Inns?) has properties in the neighborhoods I'm talking about, so does Day's Inn and others. See/experience Chicago as Chicagoans do, not as tourists. Enjoy the visit.

Michigan
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What area will be closest to quaint pubs and pizza places?

Oh my gosh - dvd and gomexico - you're so nice to respond so quickly! Thanks a bunch -I'll check out all your suggestions.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What area will be closest to quaint pubs and pizza places?

City Inns is the hotel group I meant to recommend. Here's the web address:

http://www.cityinns.com/

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
425 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What area will be closest to quaint pubs and pizza places?

I live near Chicago and I just saw a TV show (Chicago's 190 North?) featuring the Hotel Indigo and it looked very chic and cool! Have fun!