We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O'Hare airport, T5 -T3

UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
O'Hare airport, T5 -T3

Hi, I am flying into O'Hare airport next week, arriving at 2.30 p.m. and then flying on to MSP.

Having now got my flight confirmations I will be arriving into T5, I shall then need to go through immigration, collect and re-check my luggage (different airlines) and then get the flight from T3.

I would be very grateful if someone can confirm how long all of this is likely to take, and also how far it is between the terminals?

Many thanks,

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,021 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: O'Hare airport, T5 -T3

Depending on the number of flights arriving at the same time, clearing immigration and retrieving your luggage will take about 45 minutes. If you are connecting to American, they have a check-in desk after you exit immigration. You'll drop your bags there and get your boarding pass for your flight to MSP.

You will be directed to the tram. Make sure you get on a tram going in the direction of the terminals. T3 will be the first stop - about a 5-10 minute ride. When you get to T3, go direct to the security line and to your gate.

UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O'Hare airport, T5 -T3

thank you, that's great, especially to know I can check my luggage in rather than having to carry it between terminals!

3. Re: O'Hare airport, T5 -T3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, December 18, 2009