We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HUGE Downtown sporting goods store

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
HUGE Downtown sporting goods store

On my last visit to chicago we found this really great and very large sporting goods store in downtown area. I don't remember exactly where, but it was in the area near where the Rainforest Cafe and Ed Debivics is located, because those were the places to eat we were looking for when we found this place. It was in an older building, with 2 or 3 levels, can anyone help me out? Is it still around where is it exactly?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
281 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HUGE Downtown sporting goods store

Well.... there is a Sports Authority there, but it's like 7 floors... that's at LaSalle and Harrison, across the street from the big McDonalds.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,074 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HUGE Downtown sporting goods store

LaSalle & Ontario, not Harrison.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HUGE Downtown sporting goods store

Used to be Sportmart, now Sports Authority - as mentioned above.

Schererville, IN
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: HUGE Downtown sporting goods store

There is also a 5-story Nike-Town on Michigan Ave a few blocks north of Ontario.

5. Re: HUGE Downtown sporting goods store

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:31 am, October 02, 2009